Fibromyalgia - How Deep Can You Go?
If you listen to conventional medical “talk”... you would tend to believe that Fibromyalgia has no cure.
Well my comment to that is “NONSENSE.”
Now understand this... I am not talking about some magical “herb” that has recently been discovered.. No, I am talking about accepted, documented and, most important, successful treatments that will reverse fibromyalgia.
Forget the “backlash” from your referring physician if he or she refuses to embrace what they SHOULD already know. I will not accept total ignorance of the facts.
Listen, by no means am I putting down a patient’s referring family doctor. Medical school is tough enough teaching the basics of human diagnosis. Unfortunately by the time your family doctor has put out his/her shingle, research has advanced 5-10 years. Now, how does your doctor stay abreast of the research?
They have two choices. One is to dig deep into the medical research journals and discover the wealth of information available. Or, they can rely on their pharmaceutical rep to keep them updated. Let's get real. Do you really think that the pharmaceutical rep is going to offer anything other than the drugs his/her company has to sell?
Let me do a quick review of the basics of Fibromyalgia (you can find a more detailed review of the basics on any of the big health sites such as WebMd and Mayoclinic, but I can just about guarantee you WILL NOT find anything other than the same old.. same old.. on all these sites.. They all say the same thing and leave the reader to assume that the only treatment found in modern medicine are DRUGS.. What a shame…and can you believe they make millions?
I have read a few (hidden between the drug ads) “tiny” mention of a nutritional treatment but nothing to write home about. I can tell you with 100% confidence that you WILL NOT find any mention of WHY and HOW fibromyalgia starts.
Back to the basics. I know what you want and it is not another regurgitation of the basics. What you want to know is … HOW IN THE WORLD CAN I HELP MY PATIENTS WITH FIBROMYALGIA ?? Am I right?
Here is a list of the most common signs and symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Widespread musculoskeletal pain
- Localized tenderness
- Tender lymph nodes
- Morning stiffness
- Heart palpitations
- Temporal mandibular joint dysfunction
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Raynaud's syndrome
Here are some "gold" nuggets you can sink your teeth into.
- There is no ONE treatment for Fibromyalgia. This means forget the notion that a specific therapy, release technique, vitamin or drug is going to cure fibromyalgia
- Change your mind-set on "looking" for the XYZ miracle treatment, and begin to learn the importance of looking for the "real" cause(s) of fibromyalgia.
- Remember, treatment is not "disease-specific" but rather treatment is "patient-specific". This means that two people suffering with fibromyalgia may find that each receives two entirely different treatments and both dramatically improve. One patient may find that the underlying cause of their condition is due to a thyroid problem, while the other person finds that their problem was due to a mitochondrial inefficiency. Then you can take that further and find that stress and a sedentary lifestyle are contributing to both situations. You can dig deeper and deeper and eventually find that both patients plans of care are completely unique.
Does this begin to make sense??
Can you see how foolish it is to assume that the same medication or the same exact therapy or supplement would work for all people suffering with fibromyalgia or any other auto-immune disease?